As you know, AFOS is closely monitoring the quick-moving news regarding COVID-19 and have the health and safety of our doctors, partners, their families, and patients in mind and will continue to provide updates as they become available.
Stay up to date on the latest news and eye care related recommendations by clicking on the links below...
The AOA website
- What to do if staff tests positive for COVID-19
- AOA's Optometry Practice Reopening guidelines (updated 4.24) offers suggested steps to prepare your practice, staff and patients for a safe return to delivering the full range of essential eye health and vision care Americans need.
- Health Policy Institute has a lot of resources that you may find helpful.
- Read CMS' guidance for reopening healthcare facilities.
- CDC guidance for U.S. Healthcare Facilities about Coronavirus and their Infection Control guidance
Please stay healthy, safe, and wash your hands!
Letter from AFOS Executive Committee on 3.18.20 regarding COVID-19 outbreak: