Greg Smith, OD, FAAO (PHS/IHS)
Gregory Smith, OD, FAAO (PHS/IHS)
CDR, U.S. Public Health Service
Chief of Optometry, Fort Belknap Service Unit Harlem, MT
Indian Health Service
As a member of the US Public Health Service, Greg is assigned to the Indian Health Service and is stationed at the Fort Belknap Service Unit where he serves as the Program Manager for Optometry since 2009. During his time at Fort Belknap, he has also served in extended TDY assignments as Clinical Director and Hospital CEO. Currently he oversees all Optometry operations, and manages the student externship program. He also assists with Area-wide assignments and contract implementation.
- Commissioned in the USPHS Commissioned Corps in October 2009-Present
- Commissioned as Lieutenant in the US Navy; stationed at Quantico, VA 2006-2009
- Fellow, American Academy of Optometry 2009
- Doctor of Optometry; Pennsylvania College of Optometry, Philadelphia, PA 2006
- Bachelor of Science; Pennsylvania College of Optometry, Philadelphia, PA 2006
- Bachelor of Science; University of Wyoming, Laramie, WY 2002
Greg is married to his wife, Michelle and together they have three children: Liliana, Rayalyn and Karston. He enjoys camping, hunting, fishing, model railroading, and skiing.
Contact Dr. Greg Smith